ADENA is the only anti-contamination cabinet dedicated to molecular biology on the market. It offers a free DNA/RNA work area and a safe workflow based on the forward motion principle:
- The work area is closed and completely sealed (no air movement), equipped with 4 UV-C lamps for decontamination
- Handling is done through gloves (sleeve plus glove adjustable in size)
The work area communicates with 4 airlocks:
1. A decontamination airlock with UV-C for instruments: pipettes, tip boxes, reagents and consumables.
2. Decontamination through a bleach airlock for sample tubes.
3. An airlock equipped with UV-C for biohazard waste
4. An exit airlock, for taking out the preparations and samples
The opening of the airlocks is linked to a unique signalling system on the market with a four-level colour code
Green signal: all the airlocks are closed, the workstation is ready for use
Orange signal: opening of a single airlock door
Red signal: simultaneous opening of two airlock doors, communication of the work area with the outside, decontamination is required
Blue signal: airlock and/or work area being decontaminated by UV-C
Dimensions and weight:
The ADENA structure is compact and not obstructive (W 80, H 60, D60 cm) and weighs 30 kg. Only an electrical outlet is required for its "Plug and Play" operation.
Samples and reagents are fully protected thanks to the DNA/RNA free working area and 3 decontamination locks
The safety of the operator is ensured thanks to the tightness of the structure. No direct contact between the sample and the operator. The DASRI bin is decontaminated before evacuation.
ADENA has been designed to ensure a natural and non restrictive posture for the operator (straight back, rested elbows) thanks to a double inclination (unique on the market). Work tools and equipment are within easy reach within a 45 cm radius to ensure optimal posture in accordance with occupational health recommendations.